The difference between high voltage circuit breaker and load break switch
High-voltage circuit breaker: The high-voltage circuit breaker can not only cut off or close the no-load current and load current in the high-voltage circuit, but also cut off the overload current and short-circuit current through the action of the relay protection device when the system fails. Arc-extinguishing structure and sufficient breaking capacity can be divided into: oil circuit breaker (multi-oil circuit breaker, less oil circuit breaker), sulfur hexafluoride circuit breaker (SF6 circuit breaker), vacuum circuit breaker, compressed air circuit breaker, etc. . such as 12KV VS1-12
High-voltage load break switch: A high-voltage load switch is an electrical appliance with a function between a high-voltage circuit breaker and a high-voltage isolation switch. The high-voltage load switch is often used in series with a high-voltage fuse; it is used to control power transformers. The high-voltage load switch has a simple arc extinguishing device, because it can switch on and off a certain load current and overload current. However, it cannot disconnect the short-circuit current, so it is generally used in series with a high-voltage fuse for short-circuit protection. such as FN7-12, 12KV LBS
1. The high-voltage load switch can be broken with load and has the function of self-extinguishing, but its breaking capacity is very small and limited.
2. Generally, the high-voltage isolating switch cannot be disconnected with load. There is no arc extinguishing cover in the structure, and there are isolating switches that can disconnect the load, but the structure is different from the load switch, which is relatively simple.
3. Both the high-voltage load switch and the high-voltage isolating switch can form an obvious disconnection point. Most of the circuit breakers do not have the isolation function, and there are also a few circuit breakers with the isolation function.
4. The high-voltage isolating switch does not have a protection function. The protection of the high-voltage load switch is generally fuse protection, only quick-break and over-current.
5. The breaking capacity of high-voltage circuit breakers can be made very high in the manufacturing process. Mainly rely on the current transformer to cooperate with the secondary equipment to protect. Can have short circuit protection, overload protection, leakage protection and other functions.